We are dedicated to providing the highest level of veterinary medicine along with friendly, compassionate service.
At Village Veterinary Clinic, we offer a variety of services to care for your pet. If you have any questions or would like more information on how we can care for your pet, please contact us today.
Exams and Consultations
Regular exams and check-ups are a critical component of your pet’s health care. We advise all pet owners to bring their animals in for routine examinations.Seeing your pets for regular check-ups allows our veterinarians to establish a baseline in your pet’s body chemistry so that we can be aware of any potentially harmful changes. If you would like to schedule an exam for your pet, please call us today at (256) 216-4780.
Preventive medicine is important when our pets are young, but as our pets age and become prone to certain disease processes, annual exams and blood work become even more important.Annual exams and simple blood work to check liver and kidney values along with thyroid function have the potential to alert us to early changes that may give us important information about your pet’s health. We understand the changes your pet will have as they become older, and we also know the importance of keeping your pet healthy as they enter their golden years.
Village Veterinary Clinic offers nutritional counseling for pet owners of Athens, Alabama and surrounding communities. If you have any questions about your pet’s diet or would like more information about your pet’s nutritional needs, please contact us today. We can set up a nutrition plan for your pet.Obesity is a common problem among pets, as it can be easy to over-feed a pet that knows how to beg. But being overweight is a serious problem for animals and can cause real health problems as they get older. With proper diet and exercise, all pets should be able to meet their dietary needs and be within a healthy weight range. A pet’s nutritional needs change as they enter different stages of their lives. The best way to make sure your pet’s needs are being met is to consult with us about a diet made specifically for them and their lifestyle. Please contact us if you have any questions; we would love to speak with you.
We have state-of-the-art diagnostic tools that allow our staff to better diagnose your pet’s condition or illness. It is our commitment to stay on the cutting edge of diagnostic technology.Having these advanced diagnostic tools allows us to examine specific areas more closely and provide a quicker and more accurate diagnosis. We use many tools such as radiology, lab tests, and various other equipment and tests. To learn more about how we can help your pet with our diagnostic tools, contact us today at (256) 216-4780.
We are proud to provide Athens, Alabama and surrounding communities with state-of-the-art veterinary surgical procedures. We believe in utilizing the highest level of medical technology, and our surgeons are experienced and highly trained.We also realize that it can be stressful to have your pet undergo surgery. We want to assure you that your pet is in good hands and that we will do everything to provide the best care possible. We will communicate with you about the things you need to know before, during, and after your pet’s surgery. It is our goal to make the entire process go smoothly and to eliminate the stress and worry of surgical procedures. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Village Veterinary Clinic is dedicated to providing the Athens, Alabama community with the highest level of service. That’s why we offer a fully stocked pharmacy to meet all your pet’s needs.We want you to get your medications and products from reputable, trusted suppliers, so we have stocked our pharmacy with a huge inventory of quality brands and products that are properly stored under optimal conditions. We carry popular items like flea and tick preventatives, as well as heartworm preventatives and other medications. If you have any questions or want to learn more about our pharmacy, please contact us today.
At Village Veterinary Clinic in Athens, Alabama, we believe that one of the most important aspects of caring for your pet’s health is vaccinating them against potential diseases. There are a variety of diseases that affect our pets and animals. This makes proper vaccination vital in protecting them from the many types of illnesses they are susceptible to.It’s important to consult with us about the unique risks of living in our region. We will be happy to discuss the benefits of protecting your pet with vaccinations, as well as provide you with information on the required vaccinations for your pet. It is our goal to provide the highest level of care for your pet, and vaccination is an integral part of your pet’s overall health. Please contact us today if you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s vaccination.
Dental care is vital to the overall health of any animal. Dental disease leads to health issues with the heart, liver, and kidneys and can affect the entire body through the bloodstream. In fact, 80% of dogs and 70% of cats over three years of age suffer from some form of dental disease, making it the most common pet health issue among our pet population in Athens, AL.In spite of these disturbing facts, many pet owners are not aware of the importance of dental care to their pet’s health. There are a lot of different ways to improve your pet’s dental hygiene, including home brushing, dental chews, and regular inspection. The most effective way to protect your pet from dental disease is through professional cleanings. We perform thorough cleanings, including the area beneath the gums that you can’t see or access at home. If your pet has brown/yellow teeth, bad breath, or is having difficulty eating, these could all be signs of dental disease. Please call us today to learn more and schedule your pet’s dental cleaning.
It’s a terrible feeling to know that your pet is lost and on their own, but it’s an avoidable one. Microchipping pets is the best way to ensure their safe return in the unfortunate event that they become lost.We know your pets are members of your family, and we want to make sure you stay together. We highly advise all pet owners to microchip their pets. To learn more about how microchipping works, please contact us today.
What's Included in your Puppy Plan
- 6 weeks - 8weeks 6 days: DHPP Vaccine
- 9 weeks - 11weeks 6 days:: DHPP and Bordetella
- 12 weeks - 14weeks 6 days: DHLPP and Rabies (The L stands for leptospirosis)
- 15 weeks on: Final DHLPP booster.
- We will test and deworm until we have two negative fecal exams.
- We do a physical exam on your puppy at every visit except the final booster. If you do have an issue and want to talk with us about it on that final day, we are happy to see your puppy.
- Two nail trims are included with your puppy plan. These are to get your puppy used to having their feet and nails touched (as well as get rid of those needle claws.) We are happy to show you how to trim nails at home.
- Weight appropriate heartworm prevention (revolution or sentinel) for each visit.
- First dose of Flea/Tick prevention (revolution or sentinel). For all subsequent doses charges will apply.
- If your puppy is sick or comes in for a separate issue it is not covered under the puppy plan and full charges will apply. This plan is specifically designed for the puppy vaccine series. If you miss your appointments, please call us. The plan does not apply past the appropriate time frame.
What's Included in your Kitten Plan
- 6 weeks - 8weeks 6 days: DRCP Vaccine
- 9 weeks - 11weeks 6 days:: DRCP and FeLV#1*
- 12 weeks - 14weeks 6 days: DRCP and Rabies and FeLV #2*
- 15 weeks on: Final DRCP booster (*and final FeLV booster if we did the first at the previous visit.)
- We will test and deworm until we have two negative fecal exams.
- We test for these common viruses at the first or second visit. It requires a drop of blood.
- We do a physical exam on your kitten at every visit except the final booster. If you do have an issue and want to talk with us about it on that final day, we are happy to see your kitten.
- Two nail trims are included with your kitten plan. These are to get your kitten used to having their feet and nails touched (as well as get rid of those needle claws.) We are happy to show you how to trim nails at home.
- First dose of Flea/Tick/Heartworm prevention (revolution.) There is a charge for each subsequent dose.
- If your kitten is sick or comes in for a separate issue it is not covered under the kitten plan and full charges will apply.
We are proud to provide Athens, Alabama and the surrounding communities with boarding services. We practice the highest standards of care and cleanliness for patients staying with us. We know that it takes a great deal of trust to leave your pet with someone else, so we want to assure you that we are professional, highly trained, and most of all, we love pets.
Please contact us today to learn more about our boarding facilities. We would love to speak with you about our boarding policies. We also invite you to visit our hospital and view our boarding area for yourself! Just give us a call, and we’ll set up a time for you to take a tour.
If there are any special requirements for your pet, please let us know so we can accommodate them. Our patients are always fed according to owner instructions, and clean, fresh water is always available.
It is our goal to provide your pet with the best quality of care while they are with us. We promise to look after each and every pet as if they were our own and treat them with the respect and loving care they deserve.